Thursday, May 6, 2010

Widespread Panic Orange Beach, Alabama



My latest piece for Widespread Panic is a 22x15 screen print on French Black Licorice paper. 6 colors with gloss effects. A tip of the hat to Rick Griffin, Drew Brophy and Al McWhite for the surf art inspiration. Available at the show at Panic Merch.

It was pointed out to me that this poster basically illustrates the Oil Spill in Gulf. An angry crying wave surrounded by black oil with the words being Widespread Panic no less.

First let me say I was completely taken back when I saw this. It brought tears to my eyes. I was a bit speechless. The poster was drawn last week in the middle of the night before I left for NOLA. I had no inclination to depict a scene of the oil spill in fact I was just cranking out some old school surf art. I guess my subliminal mind was hard at work because I was so upset being completely saturated by news of the disaster.

Strange but true....

1 comment:

  1. May I please buy one of these...absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.